Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 9, 2009

"Own Do"

Trisha's been asserting her independence nowadays. Whenever she wants things to be done on her own, she'll scream "own do!" I've read of kids saying "me do" but Trisha is truely unique in her independence jargon! I think she picked it up from me cos I always ask her "do you want to do it on your own?" or "put on your pants on your own", etc. =p

Own Do #1
I was using Trisha's fork to spear the chicken and then feed Trisha. She didn't want that. She'll push my hands away and scream "own do! own do!". I'll let go and she'll use her fingers to remove the chicken from the fork and spear it and feed herself, with a smile of course! =)

Own Do #2
She drinks her milk on our bed and to get her onto the bed faster, we'll usually carry her up (our bed height is quite high actually). Once up, she'll want to go down cos she wants to get up on her own. The first time this happened, we don't understand what she wants and when we tried to keep her on the bed, she'll struggle and cry. Only when we understand her "own do! own do!" jargon, then did we realise that she's asserting her independence. Haha! =)

Own Do #3
This happened yesterday. Daddy wanted to bring her into the bathroom to wash her hands after lunch but she was still loitering in the living room. So Daddy carried her in. She was struggling to get down and kept screaming "own do, own do". Daddy let her down outside the bathroom door and she was screaming "own do, own do, walk walk". Finally Daddy realised that she wants to walk to the bathroom herself. Guess what she did? She walked all the way back to the living room, just to walk to the bathroom again, ON HER OWN! *Faint!*

No comments: