Yipee! I survived 12 lessons of Dutch! That's more than halfway through. 8 more lessons to go. Actually, strictly speaking, I only attended 10 lessons cos I had to skip 2 of them as Daddy was on business trips and couldn't make it back in time for me to attend my classes. I'm secretly happy that I can skip 2 lessons.....hehehe....cos the lessons are getting more and more difficult. The teacher is speaking more and more Dutch during the lessons! He used to translate quite a lot of the Dutch he spoke in class but recently, he simply talked in Dutch and didn't bother to translate! I can only guess what he's speaking and not look up too much from my book to him lest he call my name to answer some questions. And guess what? That's what happened during last week's lesson! Aarrggghhhh! He said something and I gave a confused look and he just called my name to answer that question in the text! Aaarrrgghh! Luckily, I finally realised what he wanted and managed to give an answer. =(
Anyway, we had a small written test last week and I'm supposed to get the results yesterday but I didn't attend the lesson last night. Wonder how I did. If I evaluate myself, I think I can read simple Dutch. It's the speech and listening that I'm not good at. To tell the truth, I doubt I can hold a simple conversation in Dutch at all! I've thought about practising speaking to the shop/cafe people, to the bus driver when I take a bus, etc but the moment I open my mouth, English came out even though I have spent the last 10 minutes thinking in my head what to say in Dutch.
Sigh.....I'm dreading the Wednesdays of the next 2 months.
Oh, by the way, Trisha just said her first Dutch word yesterday (from watching too much Dora on NickJr!). The word is "Nee" (pronounced as nei) which means "No". She'll go "Oh nee! Oh nee!" like the fox in Dora the Explorer. Hehehe, I found it very funny when she said that. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment