Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

宝贝女儿长大了!

Today, I brought Trisha back to Robbeburg Playgroup after almost 2 months. In these 2 months, we were sick one after another, then the weather turned really cold (below 0 deg C), etc, hence the 2 months hibernation. Anyway, I read that the weather forecast for today will be a clear, not so windy and cold day, so decided to break our hibernation and go out to have some fun! Indeed, we had lotsa fun!

I woke up later than I wanted to today and nearly aborted the gai gai plan. But I stuck to it in the end and made it out the door in time to catch the bus then tram to reach Robbeburg at about 1030am. Trisha was a dear cos she co-operated with me in everything....erm, ok almost everything. =p All except when I was going to put her in her stroller. She didn't want to sit in her old stroller but in her new stroller. Oh, to digress a bit, we bought a new lighter, smaller stroller (after it is folded) at a sale last Saturday. Only €40 (UP: €70!) Real good deal, right? Anyway, back to today. So it took me like 5-10 mins to get her to stop crying, reasoning with her/cajoling her to finally get into the old stroller which I already attached her buggy bag to keep her warm.

Once we reached Robbeburg, I was pretty surprised that she didn't stick to me like glue since we have not been back for 2 months. She actually wanted to go in and started roaming around, playing with the toys and the best is, interacting with the other kids. I could sit down and chat with the other mummies and she didn't even come looking for me! I suddenly felt that Trisha has grown up so much! She used to stick to me and if I was out of sight for a while, she'll come looking. Today, she almost ignored me! I was actually elated cos this means she should not have much problem going to pre-school in future or so I hope. =)

She was also very affectionate towards the younger toddlers and went over to hug and kiss them. I didn't even know until one of the "victims" Mummy told me that she thinks Trisha is so sweet to go and give her son Louis (almost 1 yr old) a hug and kiss! She did that to some others too and this time, I caught it but she wasn't very gentle so I had to remind her and she seemed to understand. =) A few times, she wanted to grab the toy stroller/trolley from another toddler and I told her to either play together and share or wait her turn and she did. =) But then I felt that if I didn't tell her that, she would have snatched the toy and hhmm....there might be a fight cos the other party was older and quite aggressive. =p

Overall, over the last 2-3 weeks, Daddy and I felt that Trisha seems to have grown up a lot! 我们的宝贝女儿长大了! She's really like a little girl who's not afraid to leave our sides and play with other kids and can communicate so much better with us and telling us what she wants. We saw this kind of behaviour in the last 2 Little Gym sessions as well and it really warms our hearts that Trisha is growing up and interacting well with her peers.

Oh, and we realised that as long as we keep her happy, doing things she loves to do such as puzzles, doing at least a craft with her a day, let her doodle with pens/crayons, etc, watching her favourite Dora cartoons, bringing her out for gai gai for 1-2 hours, she never seems to throw any Terrible Twos unreasonable tantrums. At least so far so good. =)

So hopefully, I can continue to report in that her supposedly Terrible Twos aren't that terrible afterall. Fingers crossed! =)

No comments: