Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 24, 2008

Duh..Duh...Duh....D

This week, we started on a new letter - D.

1st day - we learned about animals starting with D - dolphin, dog, dove and duck. We made the sounds of dog and duck in the song "Old Macdonald Had A Farm" together with cow, cat, chick which we learned earlier. Mummy taught me a new song "5 little Ducks" too. This song teaches me how to count 1 to 5. Oh, I also learned to waddle like a duck....kekeke....

In one of my Hi-5 vcds, there's a song about dolphins diving in and out of the deep blue sea and I love to dive in and out too. Daddy made me a jumping dolphin and a flying dove. They were 2 difficult crafts so Daddy helped me a lot. =) As for storytime, we read the library book "Zachary Quack - Minimonster" about a duck and a dragonfly and an Aseop fable "A Dog and Its Reflection" which taught me the value "it is very foolish to be greedy".


2nd day - a variety of new "D" words. They are drum, dinosaur, daddy, daisy, dragonfly, dragon and dancing.

We started with writing practice but I scribbled all over instead. =p The best part was when Mummy brought out my drum. I immediately said "drum"! Mummy used to play percussion instruments in her secondary school band and she made me a book on drums. Maybe when I'm in school, I can learn to play all sorts of drums too. =)



Then we made a BIG daisy. I intend to give this to Daddy! See, Daddy starts with D too! =) This daisy craft was easy and I get to help Mummy paste the petals. It's so big that I can hide my face behind it....kekeke....Next, Mummy showed me something BIG again. They are dinosaurs and dragons! I did a sticker book of dinosaurs and read 2 stories about dragons.

1. The Dragon and The Phoenix
2. George, The Dragon and The Princess

After lunch, we had fun playing with PlayDoh. Squishy squashy fun. =) Mummy made me a dog, a dove and a dolphin playing with a ball! =) So cute. But I nearly destroyed them all everytime I get my hands on them. =p Hope I get to play with them soon again. =)

No comments: