Something funny happened at the National Day lunch event today as well that I think it's worth a blog entry by itself.
Trisha was overwhelmed by the number of people at the event whom she doesn't recognize any at all. When she first sat down in the highchair, she didn't dare look at any of the folks sitting at our table (who happens to be Daddy's colleagues from work). I was on her right and she was busy trying to hide her face when I hug her to comfort her. She's like an ostrich trying to dig and hole and hide and it was pretty hilarious at that moment.
I tried to distract her attention away from all these people whom she's not familiar with. Luckily there's balloons all over the place and she finally came out of her "hole". Then she started staring at the folks around the table with a very "dao" look and chin up. She didn't move her head at all but move only her eyes from side to side to stare at the people. I was busy distracting/telling her not to be afraid to take any photos. That look of hers was priceless! It was so funny. We can tell she's frightened but not to the extent that she's crying which we were proud of her not doing so. After sometime, she warmed up to being in a huge room with faces she has never seen before and started to play with the spoon and cup. However, she still only stick to us and no one else can carry her.
It seems that our little girl needs to get out more often to such events or meet new people more often. Which is why I'm going to bring her to a playgroup every Wednesday to play with toddler which are around the same age. Hope that will help her be more sociable and have less stranger anxiety!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment