Trisha's due for her vaccinations since she's 15mths old. Now she's coming to 16mths old in 2 days time, we decided we can't wait anymore.
Actually, we wanted her to take her MMR jab in Singapore but Mummy decided not to in case she got fever in Singapore and can't enjoy her time with her grandparents. Also she got her fake measles when we were in Singapore and Mummy does not have the heart to let her have fever due to the jabs so soon after that.
Hence, the procrastination till we finished with our London trip.
So, few months back, Mummy already submitted Trisha's vaccination schedule to the children's vaccinations governing body in Holland and received a letter in Dutch that says that she is to go for 4 vaccinations soon. As we can't really read Dutch and just thought we are supposed to bring her to this place in Amsterdam called GGD Amsterdam for her vaccinations. We brought her there this morning and realised we were late! The registration for vaccinations were from 730am to 10am. We had no idea Dutch were so hardworking and start their work so early! Anyway, in order to be sure there's no need for appointments, Mummy went to ask for more information and was told that children's scheduled vaccinations were at another place called Consultatie Bureau! This is a place specifically for children, more like going to a PD. Alamak! We made a wasted trip! >=( Stupid parents we are!
So we left GGD and tried to call Consultatie Bureau. We had to go to the specific one in Amstelveen cos Trisha's records are there but we don't have the number! Finally, we managed to get the correct number after making like 3-4 calls as we were given the incorrect numbers to call! So very inefficient of the Dutch not to know the right number to call when I specifically asked for the Amstelveen number. That's not so bad until we got to talk to the right person at the right Bureau to set our appointment.
We had to wait months till we can get her vaccinated! They are fully booked till Aug 08 and the earliest date we get is 18 August! Can you imagine that? They do not have counsulting hours in the whole of July! I didn't know there's so many children in Amstelveen to be vaccinated or need to seek a PD's expertise on their development!
I was so damn irritated by this sort of inefficiences and inflexibilities. There is no such thing as walk in patients to see a doctor, we must all make appointments. I am so used to the system in Singapore that I really feel that everything is going so slow here! Will I ever get used to here? Sigh....
I just pray that Trisha doesn't come down with any of those sickness that she is supposed to be vaccinated against else it's all my fault as I should just let her take her jabs in efficient Singapore!
Keeping fingers crossed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment