Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fried Rice Saga

Tonight, I cooked fried rice for Trisha's dinner. I chopped the french beans, carrots and capsicum finely and minced the beef, hoping she will learn to chew the food.

She took 2 hours to eat one bowl and actually didn't finish the whole bowl.





Before eating. Looks yummy right? =p









After an hour......about half gone with some spilled on the floor.=p
I added some of our pork stew sauce to make it more nua for her.










After 2 hours. You realised that she ate even slower and less in the 2nd hour...sigh






Why did it take her so long to eat? She basically opened her mouth, chewed a bit with her mouth closed then stopped chewing and keep the food in her mouth for like 5mins, then try to swallow, with the gagging look. =( Most times, I have to cajoled her to swallow. It's like she kept it in her mouth knowing she will salivate and the saliva will be the watery medium to help her swallow instead of her chewing more on the food and make it easier for her to swallow. She's like so lazy to chew! Towards the end, after I gave up trying to make her finish the rice, she kept that last mouthful inside for like 15mins!

I guess I can't blame her cos she's always eating mushy porridge and fruits, cereal and drinking milk all along. I just have to be more patient and persistent to see this through if I want to wean her off baby mushy food to adult food. Anyway, it's only the beginning and I think it's not such a bad start considering she still opens her mouth to eat and didn't reject it outright after an hour of feeding. It's just a habit for her to eat mushy food so it will take time to change that habit and let her get used to the fact that Mummy will be giving her more textured food for dinner now. Let's see how long it takes for her to get better at this. I shall not stress myself and give myself a timeline. Trisha rules my world now so let her decide when she's totally at ease with this kind of food. =)

Tomorrow is a new day and I will try something else for dinner. Maybe rice with soup. Wish me luck!

No comments: