Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 5, 2007

I don't like semi solid food YET!

It's been 1.5 weeks now since I first started on rice cereal on 23 Jun 07. I still don't fancy it. Bleah! =p

I don't know why but I still like to push the cereal out with my tongue after Mummy spent so much effort to get me to open my mouth. On Monday, when Nai Nai fed me, she said "1, 2 , 3, OPEN!" I really followed instructions and opened my mouth BIG BIG. For a few times, I even lunged forward towards the spoon. Mummy and Nai Nai was ELATED! =) Mummy PP thought I finally started to know how to eat with spoon and like to be fed with spoon but her joy is shortlived! =(

These past few days, I don't open my mouth when she said "1,2,3, open", I don't lunge forward towards the spoon, I only eat about 10ml out of the 30ml of cereal Mummy prepared, I even have problem drinking my milk! I used to be able to finish 150ml at one shot but now, it takes 2-3 tries and sometimes I don't even finish the bottle. =p

Mummy PP is VERY unhappy about it. VERY VERY unhappy. =(

I have tried cereal for quite some time now that Mummy PP thought it's time to try other food. She thought maybe I'm getting disinterested in the cereal. So, she pureed green peas for me yesterday but again, like the cereal, I pushed out with my tongue. =p



Looks yummy, right...but I don't like it leh. =p









This is after adding the breastmilk to make it more liquidy...is there such a word? kekke. =)







Mummy is thinking to stop giving me these semi solids till I turn 6 months. She thinks maybe I'm really not ready. Usually when babies are ready, they display the following signs but it seems I'm not showing these signs as yet.

1) show interest in what the adults are eating
2) drooling when watching adults eat
3) wanted to try the food adults are eating (basically open mouth and taste the food Mummy/Daddy give me to try)

For the 3rd sign, Mummy and Daddy tried to let me lick apples, taste banana but I'm not adventurous and always give a ku gua lian when they put them into my mouth.

I think I'm really not ready so Mummy, please hold off all these supposedly yummy food for now. =)

No comments: