http://trishawoo.blogspot.com/2007/12/our-2008-new-years-resolutions.html
We have more or less achieved all except for one....the first one....regarding her sleeping habits....sigh.....this is the toughest one.
Currently, we cuddle her in our arms and sit on the bed, using a nappy cloth to cover her eyes (she's like hugging the cloth and burying her head in it), rock/sway/pat a bit to help her get to dreamland for her naps and bedtime. Sometimes, I'm tired, I'll just prop her on my tummy in the cradle position and pat her to sleep and that is if she's cooperative and doesn't struggle. This is actually not very good cos it's a whole 10.3kg on my tummy and back! She gets to meet Zhou1 Gong1 pretty fast in this manner cos her movements are restricted and she'll just drift off to sleep.
On Saturday night, we decided to NOT do what we do above. Just put her on our bed, cover her eyes with the cloth, give her the bolster and pat her. After 1 hour, we gave up! Why? Guess what she's doing? She flipped herself to her tummy position, sit upright and grinned at us. Else she'll flip here and there or just lie there with eyes wide open. BUT she's actually very tired you know, cos she only had 1.5 hrs nap time in the afternoon and has been walking here and there from 8-9pm. She can't fall asleep on her own without us cuddling her. After we gave up, I just cuddled her and in 5 mins, she's knocked out and playing in dreamland!!! It was damn funny to see her antics for that one hour and then knocked out in 5 mins. Hahahaha!
Why had this happened????
I think we have inculcated a very bad habit since she's young cos we used to carry her and rock her to sleep, we and the grandparents. =( So we are bearing the brunt of this very very bad habit now. It's getting worse cos she'll get heavier!
I'm hoping it's just a phase and she'll get over it but the more I think/read about this kind of child sleep problems, the more it can't be a phase, it is a habit. What's worse is that she has been waking up at night, flipping here and there like she's trying to find a good position to sleep in and with eyes closed. However, sometimes, she woke herself up and can't get back to sleep on her own. I'll have to wake up, cuddle her, 5mins later, she goes back to sleep.
It's very disruptive to her sleep at night. To the extent, I'm wondering if she's sleeping well and enough cos she seems to be developing very slight dark eye rings under her eyes! Maybe I'm being paranoid about the eye rings...hhmm....
What do you think? Any dark eye rings????
After the Saturday night episode, I really don't know whether to keep trying the new way or not and whether it will work or not. I really don't know if we have the perserverance or not.....sigh...let me go read up somemore and think about this somemore....










No comments:
Post a Comment