We are back in HOT HOT HOT Singapore since yesterday morning.
The hotness is the very first thing I noticed cos I started perspiring like mad even though it's still early morning! Oh no! Hope Trisha and I can get used to this weather!
So we had a long ~13 hours flight. Luckily, Daddy XM's company managed to get the air tickets for Business Class at the last minute hence we were able to come back in comfort. Phew! I have sat 2 times in Business Class and I think I am now a pampered passenger...hehehh...cos it's really so much more leg room and comfortable seats, especially on a long haul, non stop flight and I'm travelling alone with a toddler. Speaking of which, Trisha was a darling throughout the flight and I'm really so proud of her. =)
From the time we stepped into Schiphol Airport till we land in Terminal 3 in Changi, she didn't really fuss much. She was in a pretty good mood too, smiling to strangers when they smiled at her, playing with the stewardess/steward when I asked them to keep an eye on her while I dashed to the toilet. She drank her milk, ate her cereal, napped according to schedule. When she's awake, I just let her play with her board books, the magazines in the plane (which she tore apart, so paiseh!) headphones, armrest compartment (kept opening and closing it and sometimes got her fingers pinched!), seat belt buckle, walked the aisle a bit, etc. The only time she's cranky was when there's air turbulence and she needs to be restrained by the seat belt. It was a pretty long period of turbulence and she started to get restless. Luckily, she didn't turn into a very cranky monster and disturbed the whole plane of passengers! =p
So we had quite a peaceful flight with her and I even managed to catch 4 movies in all but in bits and pieces cos she was fighting for my attention too. 4 movies were alot to watch and that explains why I'm so tired now cos I didn't sleep on the plane. I haven't watch a movie in ages and it's free on flight so I can't resist even though I knew I will be tired later on. Stupid right? =p And now, we are still suffering from jet lag. Trisha didn't sleep from 2-5am this morning and I finally gave up at 5am and asked my dad for help. Luckily I did that cos I finally got 3 hours of sleep. I'm like a panda now...hehehe. =)
Anyway, now that we are back, I'm going to be busy meeting up with friends, bringing Trisha out a lot since the weather is so much more accomodating than the cold back in Holland. At least, we don't have to wear layers of clothes but now we must remember a hanky to wipe off her sweat and boy, she's perspiring like mad! It's like her sweat glands became hyperactive! She's almost drenched in sweat the whole day which makes her smell...guess my parents' water bill is going to be going up! =p
So friends and family reading this, if you want to meet up while I'm back, please do email me. See you all soon! =)
Here's happy Trisha with both sets of grandparents....think the grandparents are the happiest to see us (or rather Trisha) back home...hehehe.
With her maternal grandparents, Gong Gong and Por Por
With her paternal grandparents, Ye Ye and Nai Nai
She's been walking non stop since we reached.....
That's why so much sweat! Eeee.....smelly head!
Here's her in the olden days babychair....I sat in this when I was her age! Borrowed from my Aunt who's also my Godma who took care of me when I was young.










No comments:
Post a Comment