Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 18, 2008

New Activities

Kitchen Set

I bought this kitchen set quite many months back and recently took it out again to let her play with it. Hmmm...she doesn't really know how to play with it yet though I sort of taught her what those food are. Anyway, she seems to be able to entertain herself with the kitchen set for at least 20mins and that's enough for me!

And what does she do in that 20 minutes? She'll "eat" the food. More like put in the mouth and start gnawing away, sucking, etc. Sigh...cos she's teething now. Luckily I cleaned the toys before I gave them to her. =)

Painting

Remember I mentioned that I wanted to do painting with Trisha? I finally did it! Yesterday afternoon! Ermmm...it was ok, she didn't seem to be particularly excited about it but it kept her busy for 30mins and was screaming when I told her all the paint was gone and it's time to clean up. =) I cut out shapes using potatoes (ok, it's not very well done) and also let her paint her hands and make palm prints on paper. She likes to do the hand prints cos after a while, I let her take the paintbrush and she actually painted her hands and pressed her hand on the paper. So cute! =)

Next time, we'll use more colours and do foot prints! =)

Yoga

She loves to stand and then bend at her waist to put her head on the floor. Most of the time, she did that cos she wants to roll forward but somehow can't do it. In the end, she ended up looking like she's doing yoga, very funny poses. =)

She also like to put one leg up in the sky like she's practising some kungfu moves...hahah...haven't been able to capture that on film though. I must say she's really one flexible gal unlike her parents who just managed to scrap through the Sit and Reach part of the annual NAFTA test. =p

No comments: