Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Internet Withdrawal Symptoms

Note: This blog entry was written and post dated. For reason, see the post below:

Eversince we reached Holland, we haven't subscribe to the internet yet.

Why?

Cos dear Daddy XM was very inefficient in calling the internet/cable tv/phone line provider!

So for a month now, we have survived on “borrowing” someone else's unsecured wireless network. This someone is a neighbour living 2 floors up. =p

Just this week starting on Monday, this neighbour of ours didn't turn on his wireless network connection! Either
a) he's not in town
b) he realised someone is borrowing his connection

I can't access to my emails, facebook, blogs, Singapore Motherhood Forum, MSN with my parents, etc!!!!!!! OMG!!! These are my essential “Survive Afternoon Boredom” tools when I'm in Holland! For 2 days now, I'm so bored in the afternoon when Trisha was napping. I could nap with her but then it would mean I won't be able to sleep at night. I could watch tv but 90% of the programs are in Dutch and I don't know Dutch. The rest are not interesting programs at all. I could play Nintendo Wii but it's no fun playing alone. =p My life is so boring without internet!

Thankfully, Daddy XM finally called the provider and they are coming to install internet/cable tv on next Monday! Hurray! Finally I can be reunited with the outside world again! =)

No comments: